Southlake Baptist Football Middle School Transition Course football skills summer course that does not compromise on teaching kids about Jesus Christ and His teachings or teaching the kids the highest level of football fundamentals. The course is specifically designed to help kids prepare for 7th Grade Football and their personal life transition from 6th to 7th grade.
The Course will be taught by Jarrett Bates and other local coaches. Jarrett Bates is the Carroll Middle School Athletic Coordinator and Head Football Coach.
Athletic Training – The football portion of the course will address each area that the athletes will be subject to once they enter the 7th grade. Specific areas include:
Offense – Quarterback, Wide Receiver, Running Back, and Offensive Line
Defense – Defensive Line, Linebacker, and Secondary
In each of the above, students will learn the techniques, drills, and schemes of each position. They will learn the plays that are run on both offense and defense. Furthermore, the football portion of the course aims at allowing the athletes to enter the 7th grade knowing the skills, drills, and procedures that will be used every day. Upon completion of this course, the athlete will be prepared for all of the demands of a 7th grade football player.
In addition to football preparation, we will deal with important life skills that will prepare them to deal with the challenges of middle school
Character Traits We Will Cover
- Patience is showing tolerance and fortitude to others, and even accepting difficult situations from them and God without making demands and conditions. · Kindness is practicing benevolence and a loving attitude toward others.
- Self-Control will allow us to have discipline and restraint, with obedience to God and others.
- Humility minimizes arrogance and removes pride.
- Honesty & Truthfulness mean being straight and honest with others and doing what is right.
- Gratitude is an attitude of being thankful, even when we do not see what we have.
- Contentment is the attitude of accepting whatever God provides for us, and being happy with it.
- Purity & Holiness is being set apart for God’s use, which is holiness in action. It does not allow us to be contaminated nor interfere with others in our growth and relationship in Christ.
- Encouragement will lift, support, and help others up through difficult circumstances, all from God’s perspective.
- Not to swear or slander is refusing to verbally hurt others!
- Endurance is the inner strength to remain in Him with staying power in order to accomplish God’s will.
- Loyalty is remaining committed to those whom God has brought into our lives and has called us to serve, even in times of difficulty.
- Respectful is being polite and courteous to the people and the civil authorities God has placed in our lives.
Location: Southlake Baptist Church Gym, 1101 North Carroll Avenue, Southlake, TX 76092 (phone 817.912.1234)
Dates: Tuesday and Thursdays – June 17 to July 31
Time: 6:00 to 7:15 PM
Cost: $150.00 (make checks payable to Southlake Baptist Church)
Dates we will meet:
- June 17, 19
- June 24, 26
- July 1
- July 8, 10
- July 15, 17
- July 22, 24
- July 29, 31
Click here to download registration form: Football_registration_flyer
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org