Hey Moms & Dads.
Here’s what we learned today in bible study:
We wrapped up the book of Nehemiah
Bible Passage: Nehemiah 8-13
Story Point: God’s people repented and promised to be faithful.
Key Passage: 1 Peter 5:10
Big Picture Question: Who is in control of everything? God is in control of everything in heaven and on earth.
Want to know what your kids learned in bible study today…click below…
Meditate on God’s Word as a Family
Review these questions with your kids and be impressed with what they know…
- Who read God’s Word to all of the people? (Ezra, Neh. 8:2)
- How did the people respond when they heard God’s words? (They cried, Neh. 8:9)
- What did Ezra tell the people to do when they got home? (prepare a feast and share with their neighbors, Neh. 8:10)
- Why do you think the people responded to the Word of God by crying? Guide the kids to see that the people realized that they had sinned against God. They had fallen short of what God had called them to, and they knew that they deserved to be punished. Their sin separated them from God and that made them very sad. (Isa. 59:2)
- Why did God want the people to celebrate instead? God had been incredibly kind to His people. He restored them to their land and revealed their sin so they could repent and obey Him. His faithfulness was greater than their sin, and He wanted them to be happy about His goodness. Their celebration honored God’s work.
- What can you do when you realize that you have sinned? Help kids understand that when we sin we must confess our sin and repent. Repent means to turn away from sin and turn to Jesus. God has shown us grace and has promised to forgive our sin when we come to Him with a repentant heart. (Acts 3:19)
We will be reading in the book of Malachi…Malachi called God’s people to repent to prepare for the Messiah!