Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
Here are some more excellent ways you can judge other believers with grace this week…
- Examine your heart daily before the Lord. (Psalm 139)
- Confess sin daily. (1 John 1:5-9)
- Practice repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)
- Ask God for wisdom to see others through His eyes.
- Ask God for courage to be aware of sin in your life and in others.
- Surround yourself with godly people who will make you more like Christ.
- Ask God for courage to confront sin in other believers.
- Be willing to be a vessel of honor (2 Timothy 2:21) and speak truth in love (Ephesians 4:15) to other believers.
- Intentionally seek to be “a prisoner of the Lord” (Ephesians 4:1) and determine to live for Him with your whole life.
- Have coffee or a meal with someone you care about and ask the hard question, “What sins are in your life that can I crawl in the foxhole to help you battle?”
…and tell them why you are doing it.