10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
Here are some excellent ways you can outdo others in their faith this week…
- Ask someone more questions about a story they are telling (even if it is boring or doesn’t apply to you or they ALWAYS tell their stinkin’ stories).
- Challenge your assumptions about a person – give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Choose to overlook someone else’s mistake today.
- Choose to forgive someone…and offer that to them.
- Show compassion for a person you otherwise would overlook.
- Celebrate a win in someone’s life this week, even if it cost you something (a promotion or bonus you deserved or a spot on the team that was yours).
- Honor God (first) by honoring others in an intentional way.
…and tell them why you are doing it.