“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” Proverbs 31:26
We at Southlake Baptist are taking full advantage of the wonderful opportunity to develop a Women’s Ministry program that will bring God glory and facilitate community and growth in Christ. Our desire is to develop a ministry driven by each participant’s specific interest and commitment. Come and get in on the ground floor of what the Lord has planned for the women of Southlake Baptist Church.
The program’s purpose is three-fold:
1. Lead women to give God glory with every aspect of our lives as we seek God through prayer and a study of His Word, helping us to apply it and share it through our daily lives.
2. Give us a venue through which we can develop meaningful relationships between women of different backgrounds, ages, and life stages through social/community activities designed especially for women, challenging Bible study, and prayer and worship together as sisters.
3. Knowing Christ allows each of us the opportunity to join Him in His kingdom work, experiencing the joys and responsibilities of ministry, this ministry will seek to provide opportunities for women to discover their God-given gifts for ministry, determine needs in the church and community, and match those needs with their gifts for service.
Women’s Ministry Bible Study
Ladies are invited to be a part of our Women’s Bible Study beginning September 16 from 10am-12pm and running for 8 weeks every Tuesday morning in Room A1. This season will look at Beth Moore’s study, Children of the Day. Registration for the class is $15 which includes the study materials. Sign-ups begin September 7.
Fall 2014 Women’s Ministry Events
- September 13, 2pm-4pm, Craft Day (Fall Wreath) with Lily Freeland, Michael’s Floral Designer
- October 18, 12pm, Fall Luncheon with Michelle Wallace, Inspirational Columnist in Living Magazine & Women’s Ministry speaker
- November 16, Samaritan’s Purse “Operation Christmas Child” Shoeboxes due
For more information, Contact Sharon Petty 817.337.1045